Thursday, November 14, 2013

#HecticThursday

I promised myself never to post a Throwback Thursday just because I'm stubborn like that. :D So here's my #HecticThursday!

I was minutes from falling asleep but my twisted body clock just wouldn't let me sleep so I'll just record this exhausting yet wonderful day here instead! :)

First task - Go to National Book Store Warehouse Sale

My Thursday free day was such a blessing that Andy and I were able to go on the opening day unlike last year. I was pretty tight on budget right now (I blame you, photojourn) but was able to hoard some pretty awesome books nonetheless! Unlike last year's haul of almost 25 books (some I gave to my friends as a gift) I was only able to buy 5 books this year. 4 of which I have been absolutely dying for!  I was so ecstatic earlier I couldn't help but grin!

Here are my buys: Carlos Ruiz Zafon's Prisoner of Heaven (75), Jessica Hagedorn's Toxicology (150), Helen Ferris' Favorite Poems: Old and New (100), Graham Moore's The Sherlockian (75), and THE Junot Diaz's The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (75)



Second Task - Interview

I had to cut my book hoarding short because I have to go back to school for my interview for my first article for Tomasino Web. Needless to say, the thrill and enjoyment still lingers whenever I'm doing journalistic stuff and I'm going to hold on to that feeling as I strive to become a better writer (hurrah for the random thought).

Third Task - AIESEC Thursday

Honestly speaking, I wasn't planning to attend but the interview went well and ended early thus leaving me enough time before my dinner with my High School friends so I dropped by the fourth floor of Tan Yan Kee and updated myself with what needs to be updated (READ: Little work and lots of chit chats).

Grabbed from Bernadette Aquino's Facebook account

Fourth Task - Dinner date with my lovely High School friends!

I'm obviously broke and tired and I literally have a bunch of things with 'deadlines' attached to it one way or another but these damn lovely people just have to squeeze in my life somehow! :)

pardon our derp faces | (c) JP Policarpio

Fifth Task - Transcribing, homework, article, and org work

Which, obviously, I haven't even started yet. Thus I leave. Goodnight guys! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment