Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Overexposed Manila Concert

"Your body rocking, keep me up all night
One in a million
My lucky strike."





Damn, This September 18, 2012 was like one of the happiest days of my life! The currently "overexposed" band, Maroon 5 held their concert in Manila last night at the Smart-Araneta Coliseum wherein the crowd-getter managed to fill up the dome jammed packed with 15,000 fans in that one-night concert. 

I was never the socialite to go to concerts thoughtlessly but I could never miss the chance to see Adam Levine just like that. With half-assed efforts and dared challenges my friend (who coincidentally lives with us right now, Eunice) and I decided to buy tickets, unfortunately though we only got the farthest seat, because the tickets were already sold out way back in early July! (And we don't have that much money, anyway)

Flash forward to the actual night? Sure! 

The concert was supposed to start at 8:00 pm but we decided to go early for us being in the farthest and the most chaotic position, we definitely need to secure a good place. So yeah, we arrived at around 5 pm and there were already quite a lot of people. They were selling Maroon 5's album, overexposed with a free poster but I thought I could always buy that in the record stores, so I ended up buying their second album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long (CD+DVD) which I rarely--or don't see in record bars anymore. 


Heavens! I was able to secure a poster! :D

So just to kill time we took some pictures just for the sake of having some.


That's my friend, Eunice 

With my mom! 


CHAOS

Things got worse when people started to rush in. There was a little problem in the management. They failed to remind the people properly that this and that and such are not allowed whatsoever and that this and that should be left here and there and that you should line up here and not there and the INVISIBLE "ISAW" LINE that irked a lot of people. 

The problem arrived when the bag inspection came, the SLR camera and umbrella wasn't allowed inside so my friend had to line up again on the baggage counter which looked like a war place to me. They were all irritated and all. I patiently waited for my friend after the lady scanned my ticket and let me in.


Apologies for my incapable printer!

But lots of minutes passed and throngs of people arrived but my friend remained out of  sight. I know I should wait for her like a good friend but it looked like she wouldn't emerged for quite some time so I rushed to the dome and asked a couple politely if they could pretty please reserve the seats beside them for us and explained the horrible thing that happened to my friend. Good thing they agreed! Bless those people! After that I went back to the entrance to wait for Eunice, but the place looked awful..definitely a war zone..with people dressed nicely.



After a long time I finally saw her and she looked exhausted. We went to our place and soon her sour mood changed when the atmosphere of the concert ground sink in. When we arrived our place was almost full but the VIP place were still empty. While waiting we started goofing around and taking pictures. 







CONCERT 

Finally at around 8:15 the lights dimmed and The Cab appeared as the opening act! God they were so cool! I'm not that much of a fan before but they do have good songs to boot their increasing popularity right now! And have I told you that I am now officially in love with The Cab's bassist, Joey Thunder? We had so much in common..like head banging incessantly. No, not that I just love his bassist feel. :D I guess I want to know more about them. The Cab sang 4 songs and after that a long dull moment occurred, we're not sure if that's normal or if a technical problem happened, or maybe Adam dropped by the Taco Bell across the dome or something like that, but I wished they played the overexposed album rather than playing random songs. After like 30 minutes a ringing sound was heard and we all knew that they're on stage! PAYPHONE!! (not my favorite song but the feeling was awesome!) There appeared the sexy Adam Levine along with the rest of Maroon 5! 




 They played all their hit songs even from way back before like Sunday Morning, Won't Go Home Without You, Harder to Breathe, Hands All Over, and Misery (and a lot more). The crowd joined in singing and it was a very amiable atmosphere and Adam looked extremely pleased (and not to mention, sexy with that gray shirt of his) He also sang songs from the Overexposed album and I was over the clouds when they sang Lucky Strike as their third song! Though it was Fortune Teller that is my favorite on this album, Lucky Strike was the second one and hearing it live was a dream come true! Also, realizing that you're not the only one who is overly familiar with the new album feels fluffy and warm. People all sang along with the new songs as well, especially this one. Wipe Your Eyes was performed as well which made me happy as well. The One More Night performance was full of energy and the crowd went wild! During the entire concert, our Mr-I-Can-Do-Everything would pick up his guitar from time to time and show his ultra amazing skills. But at one point, Oh have I mentioned that I definitely LOVE James Valentine right now? James Valentine took control of the microphone with Adam on the drums (Mr-Do-It-All) singing..I'm not sure but I think it was Don't You Want Me (please correct me if it's wrong)


<3
                                     


The Miss-Forever-Weird here noticed something nonsense though. 
Beautiful, isn't it?

My favorite color on my favorite song, Lucky Strike

Galaxy feel~ <3


The encore was probably the best part. Stereo Hearts was performed and Daylight was delicately and whole-heartily sang by Adam who almost, actually moved me to tears. But that was not the tear jerking moment for all, it was the performance of the ever so wonderful song, She Will Be Loved. From the moment Adam said that the next song was dedicated for the ladies present and addressed the gentlemen to do what is right to do. The whole crowd joined in the singing and looking around I saw couples hugging each other. Thinking back, that song left a very big impression in my life. Giving me the right push and amount of self-confidence and the opportunity to dream of a guy who will love me right..but skipping that melodrama, Putting MOVES LIKE JAGGER as the last song was the right move! With that snippets of Sexy Back and the sweaty Adam Levine. (Whom, we officially named as the only person who could sweat sexily) 


Not that I could actually forget Adam's face..and body that night, but when 11:11 struck I fervently wished to keep this wonderful memory of that night in my mind for an extended period of time.

Special Thanks to my classmate, Patrick for the binoculars! Great help in looking for Adam's sweat and veins..and muscles :D



1 comments:

andz said...

Now, Kai... How do I follow you?

Post a Comment